Friday, October 27, 2006

Blogtastic

I just thought I should put up a quick post to say what fun I've had on a couple of afternoons this week reading all the Westminster blogs from other journo students (these can be accessed by the Westminster site weblink).

I have been blog surfing under contraband time (breaking my self imposed plan to get my a*se in gear and finish the magazine proposal that I've been dilly-dallying over all week), so I haven't had the chance to leave any individual comments. But, I have really enjoyed reading all the different writing styles, fresh ideas and quirky takes on life.

There is lots of impressive stuff coming from the blogs and its great to have an easy tap into it. I can see a lot more time being eaten up in just the same way in the next few months. Shorthand or blog watching - hmmm dilema?!

I have a couple of bits to post about monks full of 'The Force' and an interesting snippet I found to add to the 'Is print dead' debate, but have banned myself from any further blog contact until my magnus opus on Practical Poultry (it's a chicken magazine - don't ya know!) is finished. So that will have to wait until the weekend....

P.S. I am laughing now as the spell check on blogger.com doesn't recognise blog or weblink! Strange!